Highlights of 2011 Census
- Total population is 1,698,560 compared to 1,282,143 of 2001.
- Male and female were 893,222 and 805,338 respectively.
- Population Growth for Dehradun District recorded in 2011 for the decade has remained 32.48 percent. Same figure for 1991-2001 decade was 25.00 percent.
- Total Area of Dehradun District was 3,088 with average density of 550 per sq. km.
- Dehradun Population constituted 16.79 percent of total Uttarakhand Population.
- Sex Ratio of Dehradun District is now 902, while child sex ratio (0-6) is 890 per 1000 boys.
- Children below 0-6 age were 196,298 which forms 11.56 of total Dehradun District population.
- Average Literacy rate for Dehradun District is 85.24 percent, a change of from past figure of 78.98 percent. In India, literacy rate is counted only for those above 7 years of age. Child between 0-6 ages are exempted from this.
- Total literates in the Dehradun District increased to 1,280,462.
- All the data regarding Dehradun District Population were released by Directorate of Census Operations in Uttarakhand.
For more information kindly visit Dehradun district.