Highlights of 2011 Census
- Total population is 9,588,910 compared to 6,537,124 of 2001.
- Male and female were 5,025,498 and 4,563,412 respectively.
- Population Growth for Bangalore District recorded in 2011 for the decade has remained 46.68 percent. Same figure for 1991-2001 decade was 35.09 percent.
- Total Area of Bangalore District was 2,190 with average density of 4,378 per sq. km.
- Bangalore Population constituted 15.69 percent of total Karnataka Population.
- Sex Ratio of Bangalore District is now 908, while child sex ratio (0-6) is 941 per 1000 boys.
- Children below 0-6 age were 988,482 which forms 10.31 of total Bangalore District population.
- Average Literacy rate for Bangalore District is 88.48 percent, a change of from past figure of 82.96 percent. In India, literacy rate is counted only for those above 7 years of age. Child between 0-6 ages are exempted from this.
- Total literates in the Bangalore District increased to 7,609,962.
- All the data regarding Bengaluru District Population were released by Directorate of Census Operations in Karnataka.
For more information kindly visit Bangalore district.