Highlights of 2011 Census
- Total population is 813,384 compared to 722,502 of 2001.
- Male and female were 424,486 and 388,898 respectively.
- Population Growth for Shimla District recorded in 2011 for the decade has remained 12.58 percent. Same figure for 1991-2001 decade was 17.02 percent.
- Total Area of Shimla District was 5,131 with average density of 159 per sq. km.
- Shimla Population constituted 11.86 percent of total Himachal Pradesh Population.
- Sex Ratio of Shimla District is now 916, while child sex ratio (0-6) is 922 per 1000 boys.
- Children below 0-6 age were 80,778 which forms 9.93 of total Shimla District population.
- Average Literacy rate for Shimla District is 84.55 percent, a change of from past figure of 79.12 percent. In India, literacy rate is counted only for those above 7 years of age. Child between 0-6 ages are exempted from this.
- Total literates in the Shimla District increased to 619,427.
- All the data regarding Shimla District Population were released by Directorate of Census Operations in Himachal Pradesh.
For more information kindly visit Shimla district.