Total population of Faridabad is 1,798,954 as per latest provisional figures released by Directorate of Census Operations in Haryana. This shows increase of 31.75 percent in 2011 compared to figures of 2001 census. The initial figures of data shows that male and female were 961,532 and 837,422 respectively. Faridabad District of Haryana comprises an area of 783 sq.km. As per census 2011, density of Faridabad District per square km is 2,298 compared to 1,744 per sq.km of 2001.
Sex ratio of girls in Faridabad district per 1000 boys was recorded 871 i.e. an increase of 45 points from the figure of 2001 census which puts it at 826.
In 2011 census, data of Faridabad district regarding child under 0-6 age were also collected. There were total 237,407 children under age of 0-6 against 200,608 of 2001 census. Of total 237,407 male and female were 128,878 and 108,529 respectively. Child Sex Ratio as per census 2011 was 842 compared to 846 of census 2001. Children’s proportion in total population was around 7.10 percent. This figure was around 6.46 percent as per 2001 census.
In education sector, Faridabad District is having average literacy rate of 83.00 percent. Male literacy and female literacy were 89.90 and 75.20 percent respectively. In all, there were total 1,296,672 literates compared to 543,108 literates of 2001 census.
Highlights of 2011 Census
- Total population is 1,798,954 compared to 1,365,465 of 2001.
- Male and female were 961,532 and 837,422 respectively.
- Population Growth for Faridabad District recorded in 2011 for the decade has remained 31.75 percent. Same figure for 1991-2001 decade was 58.88 percent.
- Total Area of Faridabad District was 783 with average density of 2,298 per sq. km.
- Faridabad Population constituted 7.10 percent of total Haryana Population.
- Sex Ratio of Faridabad District is now 871, while child sex ratio (0-6) is 842 per 1000 boys.
- Children below 0-6 age were 237,407 which forms 13.20 of total Faridabad District population.
- Average Literacy rate for Faridabad District is 83.00 percent, a change of from past figure of 76.30 percent. In India, literacy rate is counted only for those above 7 years of age. Child between 0-6 ages are exempted from this.
- Total literates in the Faridabad District increased to 1,296,672.
- All the data regarding Faridabad District Population were released by Directorate of Census Operations in Haryana.
For more information kindly visit Faridabad district.