Highlights of 2011 Census
- Total population is 558,890 compared to 468,411 of 2001.
- Male and female were 298,919 and 259,971 respectively.
- Population Growth for Panchkula District recorded in 2011 for the decade has remained 19.32 percent. Same figure for 1991-2001 decade was 50.91 percent.
- Total Area of Panchkula District was 898 with average density of 622 per sq. km.
- Panchkula Population constituted 2.20 percent of total Haryana Population.
- Sex Ratio of Panchkula District is now 870, while child sex ratio (0-6) is 850 per 1000 boys.
- Children below 0-6 age were 65,375 which forms 11.70 of total Panchkula District population.
- Average Literacy rate for Panchkula District is 83.40 percent, a change of from past figure of 74.00 percent. In India, literacy rate is counted only for those above 7 years of age. Child between 0-6 ages are exempted from this.
- Total literates in the Panchkula District increased to 411,728.
- All the data regarding Panchkula District Population were released by Directorate of Census Operations in Haryana.
For more information kindly visit Panchkula district.