Highlights of 2011 Census
- Total population is 824,059 compared to 660,923 of 2001.
- Male and female were 410,360 and 413,699 respectively.
- Population Growth for East Khasi Hills District recorded in 2011 for the decade has remained 24.68 percent. Same figure for 1991-2001 decade was 23.41 percent.
- Total Area of East Khasi Hills District was 2,820 with average density of 292 per sq. km.
- East Khasi Hills Population constituted 27.80 percent of total Meghalaya Population.
- Sex Ratio of East Khasi Hills District is now 1008, while child sex ratio (0-6) is 961 per 1000 boys.
- Children below 0-6 age were 134,395 which forms 16.31 of total East Khasi Hills District population.
- Average Literacy rate for East Khasi Hills District is 84.70 percent, a change of from past figure of 76.07 percent. In India, literacy rate is counted only for those above 7 years of age. Child between 0-6 ages are exempted from this.
- Total literates in the East Khasi Hills District increased to 584,156.
- All the data regarding East Khasi Hills District Population were released by Directorate of Census Operations in Meghalaya.
For more information kindly visit East Khasi Hills district.