Highlights of 2011 Census
- Total population is 1,025,656 compared to 832,447 of 2001.
- Male and female were 514,730 and 510,926 respectively.
- Population Growth for Gumla District recorded in 2011 for the decade has remained 23.21 percent. Same figure for 1991-2001 decade was 17.65 percent.
- Total Area of Gumla District was 5,315 with average density of 193 per sq. km.
- Gumla Population constituted 3.11 percent of total Jharkhand Population.
- Sex Ratio of Gumla District is now 993, while child sex ratio (0-6) is 955 per 1000 boys.
- Children below 0-6 age were 168,241 which forms 16.40 of total Gumla District population.
- Average Literacy rate for Gumla District is 66.92 percent, a change of from past figure of 50.94 percent. In India, literacy rate is counted only for those above 7 years of age. Child between 0-6 ages are exempted from this.
- Total literates in the Gumla District increased to 573,782.
- All the data regarding Gumla District Population were released by Directorate of Census Operations in Jharkhand.
For more information kindly visit Gumla district.