Highlights of 2011 Census
- Total population is 9,426,959 compared to 7,232,555 of 2001.
- Male and female were 4,936,362 and 4,490,597 respectively.
- Population Growth for Pune District recorded in 2011 for the decade has remained 30.34 percent. Same figure for 1991-2001 decade was 30.73 percent.
- Total Area of Pune District was 15,643 with average density of 603 per sq. km.
- Pune Population constituted 8.39 percent of total Maharashtra Population.
- Sex Ratio of Pune District is now 910, while child sex ratio (0-6) is 873 per 1000 boys.
- Children below 0-6 age were 1,067,261 which forms 11.32 of total Pune District population.
- Average Literacy rate for Pune District is 87.19 percent, a change of from past figure of 80.45 percent. In India, literacy rate is counted only for those above 7 years of age. Child between 0-6 ages are exempted from this.
- Total literates in the Pune District increased to 7,288,517.
- All the data regarding Pune District Population were released by Directorate of Census Operations in Maharashtra.
For more information kindly visit Pune district.