Highlights of 2011 Census
- Total population is 1,842,034 compared to 1,609,172 of 2001.
- Male and female were 934,796 and 907,238 respectively.
- Population Growth for Darjiling District recorded in 2011 for the decade has remained 14.47 percent. Same figure for 1991-2001 decade was 23.79 percent.
- Total Area of Darjiling District was 3,149 with average density of 585 per sq. km.
- Darjiling Population constituted 2.02 percent of total West Bengal Population.
- Sex Ratio of Darjiling District is now 971, while child sex ratio (0-6) is 943 per 1000 boys.
- Children below 0-6 age were 180,170 which forms 9.78 of total Darjiling District population.
- Average Literacy rate for Darjiling District is 79.92 percent, a change of from past figure of 71.79 percent. In India, literacy rate is counted only for those above 7 years of age. Child between 0-6 ages are exempted from this.
- Total literates in the Darjiling District increased to 1,328,218.
- All the data regarding Darjeeling District Population were released by Directorate of Census Operations in West Bengal.
For more information kindly visit Darjiling district.