Highlights of 2011 Census
- Total population is 2,820,575 compared to 2,583,524 of 2001.
- Male and female were 1,435,972 and 1,384,603 respectively.
- Population Growth for Sangli District recorded in 2011 for the decade has remained 9.18 percent. Same figure for 1991-2001 decade was 16.93 percent.
- Total Area of Sangli District was 8,572 with average density of 329 per sq. km.
- Sangli Population constituted 2.51 percent of total Maharashtra Population.
- Sex Ratio of Sangli District is now 964, while child sex ratio (0-6) is 862 per 1000 boys.
- Children below 0-6 age were 295,055 which forms 10.46 of total Sangli District population.
- Average Literacy rate for Sangli District is 82.62 percent, a change of from past figure of 76.62 percent. In India, literacy rate is counted only for those above 7 years of age. Child between 0-6 ages are exempted from this.
- Total literates in the Sangli District increased to 2,086,625.
- All the data regarding Sangli District Population were released by Directorate of Census Operations in Maharashtra.
For more information kindly visit Sangli district.